Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Day 24 Phase 2 HCG

Woke up to some great news. The scale read 220.2. I almost couldn't believe my eyes. I haven't experience a 3 pound drop in 1 day since the 1st two days of the HCG protocol 500 calorie diet. 

I feel good and it's for sure noticeable to those who know me that I've lost weight. One more pound and I will have lost 25 pounds which is a dent on anyone. I've done great and I know the people around me are impressed. It motivates me even more to keep it up and not give up. I've built up so much momentum talking about it and having long term (3 week) success that if I slip up I would be too disappointed in myself for letting everyone including myself down. There's been time after time after time after time probably 2 dozen times in my life that I talked a big talk but didn't lose the weight. There's only been 2 other times before this time that I walked the walk.

I think a lot of overweight people, perhaps more women, have at at least one time felt like a failure for gaining weight and not losing it, of feeling disappointed in themselves for letting it get so far or for attempting and giving up. It's emotional struggle and really, for me, I see food as more of an addiction. Now that I've kicked the habit of eating sugar, starch, junk for over 3 weeks I'm feeling like I'm going through an emotional food addiction rehab. At first for the first couple weeks it was hard watching other people eat like I use to. In the last week my feeling towards food have shifted. I'm no longer jealous of watching someone dig in on some fatty grub. Instead I have this feeling like I'm watching someone being consumed by an addiction to a drug. The fast food commercials that only 2-3 weeks ago were making my mouth water now just make me disgusted my how many chemicals are in them to keep them from going bad. 

lose weight to feel better mentally

I may be bored by my limited list of HCG approved foods, but after the 500-calorie diet I intend on continuing to eat mainly fresh fruits and veggies and lean meat and nuts and home made jerky and all that stuff that nourishes your body and makes it feel strong, all the stuff that defogs your brain. I feel like it took a couple weeks for the sugar additives and preservatives and all the other chemical BS to get out of my system. But now that it is I feel good. I feel balanced. My body and my mind feel stronger and clearer. I feel motivated to accomplish bigger things. 

My conclusion thus far is the food we're eating in those colorful packages or buying from those loud fast foods restaurant is only digging us deeper into a food addiction. It's an addiction that's hard to put your finger on and can even seem made up. You may be overweight but it's not because your addicted to food, right? Then stop eating the junk food, only eat natural foods like fruits veggies, and lean meats and do it continuously for a couple months never having a slip up day. Could you do it? Just today make that decision? If you have a little doubt that you really could that consider the possibility it's a food addiction. 

I feel better about how I view food now, a lot better. And I really feel like I'll be able to maintain healthy eating after this. I'm sure after 2 1/2 more weeks of this, that thought will be even further solidified. 

My sista from another mista had a baby yesterday, also contributing to why I didn't workout. So I'm watching her son till she gets home with the new family member tonight. That should be in like 3 hours then I intend on going on a great walk and doing my 30-day ab & butt challege

Sum it up for the Day:

Drink:
water

Lunch:
3 slices cucumber
3/4 C Skim milk

Drink:
Iced tea w/ Stevia

Dinner:
3 oz. burger patty w/ 1 cup sauerkraut & mustard

Drink:
water

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes