Saturday, May 24, 2014

Day 34 Phase 2 HCG - Life Style Change

216.2 this morning. 

Last night we didn't get around to having dinner until 11pm. I usually eat around 9. Eating that late I think is what made me weigh more today. I'm sure the awesome steak dinner is still digesting, but I'm guessing realistically I'm closer to 213 if I hadn't had dinner so late. 

I have 1 week left - 7 days. I've been eating 500 calories a day for 5 weeks and lemme tell ya I'm ready for something different. I got some great recipes picked out for next weekend. I'm going to make cauliflower tortillas and have fajitas. Also a cauliflower pizza crust, put some tomato sauce, fresh basil, mushrooms, parm and BAM amazingness. I'm excited. I can't wait to change up the flavors. I'm on a cauliflower kick so I'm also going to try making some Chinese dishes with meat and veggies and put it over rices cauliflower. I'm aiming to use veggies more often in general. 

It was my new years resolution/goal to eat more veggies and drink less calories. I did good for the first 2 months of the year, then said screw it. I quickly packed on 15 pounds and realized that I'll never be one of those people that can eat whatever they want. During the last 5 weeks I've been talking myself into accepting that I need to always exercise and I need to always eat healthy. I can go to restaurant and have fattening meals, but not every single meal, more like 1 or twice a week. 


motivation on HCG


I use to always say "lifestyle change?! Screw that I'm not making a lifestyle change! I happen to like food and sitting on my ass." Well turns out I like being healthy more. Also turns out if I want to not be a whopping 240 pounds I have to make a lifestyle change. I store food as fat, and I don't use it as energy. That's just me. I'm sure working out and gaining muscle will help with the issue however I've had problems with my weight my entire life and it's only going to end if I literally do make a lifestyle change. 

When it comes down to it I rather look in the mirror and love what I see rather than enjoy a fattening meal for 5 minutes. Food passes right on through the mouth in a matter of minutes and what are you left with? You can eat junk food and be left with a sluggish feeling, maybe some tasty burps (I know, eww), and a widening waist. Or you can eat healthy and be left with energy and clarity, and a love for yourself that you can only get from being healthy. 

A lot of this also comes from my son and the 2nd baby we're planning on trying for. Both me and my husband are overweight and have had weight problems since childhood. I look at my son and although he's at a perfect weight and height for his age, I'm worried that if we teach him the same bad habits we taught ourselves then he may be another generation with weight struggles. He's 2 and I'm almost 25. If there's going to be changes in lifestyle it needs to happen now. I need to teach my son to love eating healthy and to prefer it. I need to teach him that exercise feels good and makes you feel good. I need to teach him to love himself enough to life a healthy lifestyle. 

So ONE week left. Next Saturday I'm going to have a couple eggs over easy with avocado and mango for breakfast. Cauliflower fajitas for lunch, banana for snack and continue thinking healthy for dinner. As the popular Frozen song goes:

        "The past is in the past!! Let it go!!"

                               __________________________________

I was browsing Pinterest looking at all those round butts and toned abs and feeling a little deflated about my progress. I had to remind myself how far I've come. I may have another 50 pound to lose till I'm excellent, but I'm well on my way. I may need to be doinng a couple hundred sit up and squats a day to get the results I desire, but I'm working up to it. I'm doing everything I need to be doing. 

Next Thursday I start my 14-day workout and by that point I should also be in the single digit 200's. I'm hoping after the 14 day workout on top of healthy eating that I end at 190-185. From there I'm not sure what workout I'll be doing next. I have some good ideas pinned in Pinterest.  

I at least think I have a good morning workout figured:
morning workout

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes